Below is an index of resources available to Wayne RESA staff for working off-campus.
- Connecting Securely (VPN)
- Remote Documents
- Virtual Meetings
- Phone Options
There are several things you should do to prepare for remote work
- Charge laptop, tablet or any battery powered device you use when remote.
- Make sure you have a portable battery charger to keep when remote. If it is difficult to plug/unplug from your office space, obtain a spare charging cable.
- Verify your Internet access is sufficient to connect to RESA resources by testing at a time when it is not required to get your work done.
- Test your connection before you need it
Wayne RESA requires the use of multi-factor authentication (MFA) in order to protect access to each user’s email account. However, a secure connections are needed to protect the information from a connected device (laptop, phone or tablet). Wayne RESA uses VPN to secure those connections.
Click on this link to access vpn.resa.net to download a client.
- Complete directions are shared here to launch the VPN client already installed on your Windows laptop.
- Complete directions are shared here to download and install the VPN client if it’s not already installed on your Windows or Mac computer.
- Wayne RESA Demonstration video – How to use the VPN for Wayne RESA to access the Network drives and software Apps.
Complete directions are shared here to download and install the VPN client if it’s not already installed on your Windows or Mac computer.
File Server (requires VPN connection)
Must use a VPN connection to access shared drives on your laptop:
- G:\ (\\resafs2016\users\<username>)
- I:\ (\\…\WCSHARED)
- J:\ (\\…\CENTERS)
- R:\ (\\…\resaapps)
All files uploaded to Google Drive are available so long as you are connected to the Internet. Please make sure your are using your Wayne RESA account. If you try to access using a personal Google account, you will not be able to see any Wayne RESA files.
- Office.com – Each employee is licensed to install office applications on 5 different devices
Adobe Creative Cloud
- Go to www.Adobe.com
- Click on “Sign in” (upper right)
- Click on “Continue with Google”
- Select your “<user>@resa.net” account
- Select “Enterprise ID” when prompted to “Choose an account for”
Wayne RESA has purchased licenses for all employees to use Webex. Login using your RESA email and password.
- To use Webex, start by visiting: https://wresa.webex.com/
- Complete directions for logging into WebEx are shared here.
Webex Personal Room
Webex has a feature available to all staff in the organization called Webex Personal Room. Your Webex Personal Room is your own virtual conference space that you can use for meetings at anytime. Webex has a great resource to get familiar using your personal room.
RESA Video Demonstrations
Webex Usage Resources
Use Teams to “chat with” or “call” other RESA employees that are also logged into Teams from your computer.
- High-level overview of how to use Microsoft Teams
- Sign in and get started with Microsoft Teams
- Create Teams and Channels in Microsoft Teams
- Chat and share files in Microsoft Teams
- Start a meeting in Microsoft Teams
- Collaborate in Microsoft Teams
Use Google Hangouts to have video conferences and screen sharing sessions with any other users of Google Suite
Google Hangouts Meet (For Businesses)
Until July 1, 2020, Google is giving free access to advanced Hangouts Meet video-conferencing capabilities in response to COVID-19. This will allow for larger meetings (up to 250 participants), live streaming, and the ability to record meetings and save them to Google Drive.
- Start a video meeting from Meet
- Install Microsoft Outlook Plug-In to Schedule Hangouts Meet
- The next time you schedule a meeting, you’ll be able to add a Hangouts Meet
Slack is a newer workgroup communication tool which is intended to be an alternative to email for workgroups that streamlines the multitude of email “conversation” threads. A few members have been piloting use of Slack using a WCRESA “workspace”.
Forwarding through portal
Staff can use these directions for forwarding phone using your web browser.
To Begin Call Forwarding
- From your desk phone, dial *72
- You will hear a prompt to enter the number you wish to forward to PLUS the # symbol, for example: 17347756870#
- You will hear a confirmation message saying that all of your calls will be forwarded
To Stop Call Forwarding
- From your desk phone, dial *73
- You will hear a prompt telling you that your calling forwarding service has been deactivated succcessfully
To Access Voicemail Remotely
- Dial 1-734-334-1856 from any phone
- When prompted, enter your 3 digit extension
- When prompted, enter your passcode followed by the #
- After successful login:
- Press 1 to access your voicemail box
- Press 3 to hear your greeting
- Press 5 to record a new announcement
- Press 8 to change your passcode
- Press 9 to exit the voicemail system